FAQs About Addiction Treatment
Admitting a dependency and pledging to attend a rehabilitation programme can be challenging initial steps on the road to recovery. Several people fret about how the addiction rehabilitation process will influence their lives - not knowing can be frightening. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
Your journey to recovery will be easier the more you understand what will happen in treatment - including what happens when you enter a program, how long you'll be in treatment, and the costs associated with the program.
What Is Addiction Rehabilitation?
Rehabilitations are organized treatment programs went for helping those battling with addiction. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Recovery Treatment Entails
Dependence recovery treatment is custom-made to the requirements of every person. This for the most part includes some mix of detoxification (detox), gathering and individual substance manhandle treatment, backslide aversion instruction, and aftercare arranging before program finish keeping in mind the end goal to keep up long haul moderation.
- Detox A key initial stage of several addiction rehabilitation efforts is detoxification. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. Many things, including the type of substance being abused, the length of abuse and how often the drug is consumed all contribute to how the cleansing will go including the severity of the withdrawal symptoms. The cleansing programme under the monitoring of qualified medical personnel significantly reduces the dangers withdrawal symptoms can present.
- Substance Abuse Therapy Rehabilitation proceeds with different behavioural helpful intercessions after detox is finished. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. The recovering addicts also learn to tell what leads them to take the drugs, how to avoid those risks in order not to revert to addiction.
- Aftercare When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. When the need arises, sober living plans, ongoing therapy and the use of support groups may be applied here.
How Long Is Rehab?
There isn't a set timeframe that applies to everybody with regards to restoration. A lot of places have 30 day programs. any case, a few people advantage from longer treatment projects, for example, 60-day, 90-day, or considerably longer-term treatment at private or inpatient treatment centres to additionally create and keep up an unfaltering recuperation way. While deciding the proper length of treatment, treatment experts will give consideration to the history and seriousness of the addiction, particular substances use, any co-happening medicinal, mental, or behavioural health conditions and the physical, mental, emotive, social, traditional and spiritual needs of the person.
According to reliable sources, an extended sober period is easily achieved by people who undergo treatment for three months of more. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
There is no cure for dependence; however it can be overseen successfully. No matter how long treatment is, addiction recovery is not completed at the end of the rehabilitation program. Substance abuse recovery is a process that goes on as long as the victim is alive. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to learn how to manage an addiction every day without using.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehabilitation assists people to learn how to deal with substance cravings and to get through difficult phases when the impulse to relapse is powerful. How to handle the daily challenges of defeating drug addiction and the best way to relate with people and the situations that trigger or deepen the desire to use drugs in the first place are also taught in the rehabs.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. In some patients, it is always necessary to assist their healing process with additional programs. Some of these activities are yoga, art, meditation or exercise.
Numerous great treatment programs offer their own sorts of aftercare projects, or work with you to build up a strong aftercare programs before leaving treatment to help effective long haul recuperation. And, according to reliable studies, less situations of relapse are witnessed when prolonged aftercare is given.
What If I Relapse?
Relapse should always be regarded as one of the stumbling blocks to be uprooted in the bid to defeat addiction completely, and not as a failure. Relapse offers the chance review the situation and to adopt a system that will guarantee the needed assistance in the bid to achieve total healing.
In some cases, the patients will only record success in their healing journey after they must have stayed in rehab for up to two different occasions. While you will be taught how to be sober for a longer period of time, the task of handling your addiction problem is all up to you.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
Inpatient offices tend to cost more than outpatient treatment programs as they give patients treatment, dinners, hotel and exercises. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
The cost of rehab can be effected by the following factors
- What amenities are provided - These can incorporate many variables that guide the recuperation procedure, for example, gourmet food, private rooms, animal-assisted therapy, acupuncture, massage, and yoga.
- Length of program - The amount of time one will spend in the programme also affects the cost of the rehab. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- Area - A centre located in a luxurious environment can be more expensive than a traditional treatment facility. Transport to the venue may also be an item cost in the bill.
- Kind of programme - An inpatient programme will frequently be more expensive than an outpatient programme as patients stay at the centre, which has medical and treatment specialists who work there at all times.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
While rehab price may look prohibitive to some, the addiction itself has much more "costs." Dependency can be expensive because of
- The cost of the medications
- Loss of income through loss of work
- Lawful fines
- Medical accounts for mental/physical health problems linked with dependency
Poor health, overall sadness and damaged relationships are some other "costs" that is associated with addiction
Is Insurance Accepted?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. However, the facility in question will determine whether to accept the insurance or not. Your insurance plan might pay for only a part of your stay at the rehab, therefore it is key to study your particular insurance plan before being admitted to a drug rehabilitation programme.
However, you can deliberate on some other available payment systems with the facility if your insurance is not acceptable. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Should I Receive Treatment For My Addiction Locally Or Away From Home?
A lot of people travel to a rehab away from their home for treatment. The advantage here is that users are taken away from that particular environment where drug and alcohol abuse happen, which is their home.
An away facility offers a distraction-free environment where they can focus on getting better without having to fight temptations at work, home or company.
For an outpatient program, it might be better to stay close to home to keep daily travel to a minimum. A close by rehab centre can help you strike a meeting point between your home chores and treatment programs to avoid much stress on you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Inpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
Inpatient offices are recovery centres that offer 24-hour care from staff faculty. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. Both of these require patients to live at the centre.
Inpatient treatment is the most involved kind of treatment, empowering a patient to concentrate completely on his/her addiction and recovery with round-the-clock care. As a patient is taken away from the stress of his/her everyday life, he/she is frequently better equipped to deal with his/her addiction problem.
Rehabilitation programs can incorporate group treatment, individual treatment, medication-assisted treatment and even correlative treatments, for example, meditation, animal therapy, or outdoor activities.
Residential rehab centres are preferred for treatment of those with chronic and acute addictions, multiple drug addictions, coexisting medical and psychological issues. Inpatient rehab might also be a good option for someone who has been in rehab before and is trying to work through a relapse.
In outpatient facilities, patients come in for their treatment or therapy and then go back to their homes and daily life at the end of their sessions. Those attending outpatient treatments can continue with other responsibilities like work, school while attending therapy sessions. Such a centre tends to be a great solution for people with fairly less serious or short-term dependencies, not as much time, or obligations at home/work that can't be ignored.
There may be differences in outpatient programs. In some cases, therapy can last a whole day while in others just an hour or two. Expenses of outpatient care are generally lower than those of inpatient care in light of the fact that there are fewer luxuries and less staff hours required in direct care. There is no need for patients to pay for the 24 hour care because they can get home after treatment each day. Several insurance plans might pay for a part or even all of the cost.
Contact us right away at 0800 246 1509 to chat about your options and learn more about what sets these two addiction treatment forms apart. Our rehab placements representatives can answer your questions to help you figure out what rehab fits best with you and your needs.
Will I Lose My Job For Going To Rehab?
While you may encounter some dread of losing your employment in the event that you go to recovery, you may, truth be told, probably lose your occupation if you don't get assistance. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. You have a right to treatment and cannot be fires as a consequence for seeking treatment.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. But, there are things that can help you with this process. Some of these are
- Employee Assistance Programs An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an intentional program through your manager, which gives classified evaluations, limited advising and referrals to treatment at no cost to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Several employers provide as much as 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which enables you to take off unpaid time without it influencing your health insurance, in an attempt to look for treatment for a medical issue that gets in the way of your ability to finish tasks related to your work. Addiction forms part of this category, therefore you could benefit by understanding what your business provides.
- Paid Time Off One more option for taking time off from your work to receive assistance with drug abuse is just to use accrued personal/sick time or vacation to receive rehab assistance.
- Executive Rehab Centres In such an event that you have a lot of work obligations and are required to stay actively involved at your workplace, executive rehabilitation facilities may assist with maintaining a continuous involvement or presence at your work whilst receiving residential treatment in a luxurious environment that provides round-the-clock care.
- Outpatient Treatment For those who can't leave their work and those who are also in need of something cheaper than the executive rehab, they have the outpatient programs to enrol in. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
There are available many options to seek help as an employee and remember when you recover from addiction, you do better as a person, at work, and your health and personal life also improve.
What About Luxury Treatment?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. Luxury rehabilitation facilities may offer holistic packages, adventure treatments; gourmet meals suppers arranged by expert cooks and creative recuperation therapies.
High state officials, big names plus other public figures regularly pick luxury rehabilitation for the elite pleasantries, confidentiality and the probability that they will be among their companions, yet anybody may go to these sorts of programs if the expenses can be secured through insurance, out-of-pocket instalments or a blend thereof.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. When you are not sure what type of treatment programme is correct for a loved one or yourself and want to chat about rehabilitation and recovery options more, contact us at 0800 246 1509 to chat with one of our rehab placement representatives.