Receive Dependency Therapy
In understanding your drug abuse and making a roadmap to your recovery, there are different options that you can access to match your needs. Any person in pain from a drug or alcohol addiction understands how strong and crippling this disease can be. You should obtain medical assistance from specialized abuse advisers if you know you can't handle the situation yourself.
Contact us now on 0800 246 1509 and let us help you find the treatment centre with the counselling and therapeutic approach that are right for you.
Counsellors are an essential part of addiction treatment and their function and involvement in the therapy procedure is partly responsible to recovery.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. To aid your wellness and soberness, you are allowed to choose from the many obtainable treatment options that will serve you.
How Does An Dependency Therapist Help
Counsellors collaborate with the patients in order to educate, support and hold the latter accountable for his past and future actions.
Inpatient and outpatient therapy programs depend on individual and group counselling information to prescribe the right treatment.
Group treatments are best handled by addiction counsellors through engagement of patients family members and other addicts in participation.
Group sessions are venues where both the patient and the family or loved ones are educated about contributing factors to addiction. The addict now has a platform to base his recovery the moment he identifies what triggered the addiction.
The functions of the counsellor are
- Non bias emotional support system to individuals and suitable therapy program delivery.
- Identifying the addiction problem by using one to one therapy sessions.
- Conduct impromptu drug tests.
- Depending on your health requirements, advisers set therapy scheme for the purpose of your recovery.
- Assisting you develop an aftercare plan based on the care applicable to you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Good Dependency Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is trained to develop a specific plan for each patient. In addition to having a good relationship with people, he must be ready to give a listening ear.
One of the significant and most important aspect of the meeting between the advisor and patient, is the first stage, this should be the best time for the adviser to establish a good relationship with the victim.
Most counsellors are former addicts; this is a huge advantage to create a common ground of understanding between the patient and counsellor. The degree of openness allows the counsellor to learn the contributing factors of the addiction and other latent issues. Getting to the root of the problem is very important to the success of the program.
Additionally, a great therapist will be capable to identify and treat each co-occurring psychological health conditions. Effective counsellors give full commitment and support for the recovery of the patient.
Types Of Therapy Accessible
The old method of applying psychotherapy has been taken over by the new method; these new options are of diverse forms. Nature of facility determining type of treatment include
- Neurofeedback Therapy
- These therapies make use of real-time demonstration of brain function to observe the levels of muscle tension, blood pressure and heart rate.
- They will have the ability to regulate their biological activities as they are taught how to control the use of the brain as they want.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- The psychologically disabled people and abusers can be treated using CTB since it centres on the brain, attitudes and relationship.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- One of the qualities that an addict needs is the courage and inner strength to cope with challenging conditions, this can be achieved if the addict is treated with DBT.
- People with anorexia or Borderline Personality Disorder do have low self-esteem, a situation that can be reversed by using DBT.
- Meditation Hypnotherapy Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- You can discover excitants, monitor stress feedbacks and in-depth relief method through these three treatment options.
- The patient is taught to direct themselves into a state of calmness or tranquillity and uses visualization or meditation to manage the stressors.
- Holistic therapies
- Holistic treatment facilitates recovery together with traditional methods that encourage patients to draw strength from within.
- Expressing their feelings become more convenient for former addicts who find it difficult to express them before.
- Other forms of therapy used in treatment centres are yoga, art and animal therapy.
High quality treatment centres provide additional types of therapies which treat the whole problem, with the end result in guiding the patient into a lasting recovery.
Why You Need Addiction Counselling
You may not think that you do not need dedicate yourself to addiction counselling.
There is the tendency to suffer a relapse if you don't identify the force behind the addiction, although just a handful of people consider it worthwhile to take the steps to unravel the force behind engaging in a destructive habit.