What Is Experimential Therapy
It is common to notice many recovering addicts feeling uncomfortable when working through the problems they are facing in a traditional therapy setting. The subject of addiction treatment is viewed differently by experimential therapy, which takes the treatment into the outdoors, the art studio and various other locations.
Experimential therapies have a hands-on approach and utilise a number of engaging activities, which can help recovering addicts to process and cope with past trauma.
Other recuperating users could feel uneasy speaking to counsellors in a customary therapy environment. Exploratory treatments place recuperating users in the settings wherein they could feel at ease, like in the open area or in a workshop or recording studio.
The idea is handling the repressed emotions with treatments and methods that are not typical.
Usual exploratory treatments involve
- Mountain climbing
- Rope courses
- Music therapy
- Wilderness walks
- Recreational therapy
- Adventure therapy
Hidden feelings and disturbances are hard to process, so the experimential therapy allow the addict to become more conscious about what he or she have on the inside to handle these emotions in a good way. Offering a different method to confront these emotions than taking drugs is the purpose of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Experimential Therapy Utilised For Addiction Treatment
Proceedings that are physically taxing such as mountain climbing and trekking aid to encourage real life troubles for recuperating users to defeat. Addicts will see their things that make them turn to drugs all days, and experimential therapy offers them a way to confront these things.
The disturbances that trigger the addictions are also treated by experimential therapy. Curing such conditions together with dependency could aid in diminishing psychological wellness connected pressure and provocations, decreasing the possibility of setback.
Methods And Treatments Used In Experimential Therapy
Amid an experimential therapy session, advisors manage recuperating addicts through a few treatment works out, custom fitted to their particular treatment needs.
For therapist is easier to study the addicts when they are going through this type of therapy because users tend to open during the process.
Coexisting psychological conditions exploratory treatments cure involve
- Feelings of despair
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating issues
- PTSD or Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Other Cures And Experimential Treatment
The main objective of experimential therapy is correcting the negative conducts of the addict that make damage to him, and for that is regularly combined with other psychotherapy methods. The skills that are taught in these practical environments are life skills that the recovering user will be able to apply later in life.
Any treatment program should start with medically supervised detoxification because withdrawal symptoms can be both painful and dangerous. Both inpatient and outpatient recuperation projects can treat withdrawal side effects amid detox. Many treatments could be applied together with exploratory treatment to cure the user in recuperation appropriately following this.
To ensure recovering addicts have a treatment program that is balanced, experimential therapy is normally applied together with conventional treatment methods.
Experimential Therapy Common Techniques Are
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Utilising horses is a part of EAP or Equine Assisted Psychotherapy throughout the healing recuperation activities.
- Patients are not required to ride the horses during EAP. However, they will groom, feed, harness and walk the horses throughout the session.
- The various methods recuperating users connect with the horses may reveal awareness regarding their inner and psychological conditions.
- EAP is helpful for recovering addicts to process their negative feelings or traumas which they may not recognise or address in other situations.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- EMDR is a treatment where in the users envision an agonising circumstance whilst a counsellor guides them by particular movements of the eye.
- EMDR has proven as an effective method in helping addicts going through the recovery process to alleviate any negative emotions and feelings of distress, which can lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Therapy
- This treatment comprises of exercises in open areas like trekking, cycling, mountaineering, setting up camp, and rafting in wild waters.
- Experience therapy helps recuperating addicts create moral duty, relational abilities and critical thinking aptitudes while working inside a gathering setting.
- Art Therapy
- Art therapy provides recovering addicts an opportunity to express themselves with the use of art or music.
- Art therapy offers the addicts an effective way to release the negative feelings through the creation of artistic work.
Acquire The Full Cure You Are Entitled To
Call us to secure you a dependency rehabilitation scheme if you are experiencing issues with drug addiction. Some medication recovery focuses have some expertise in experimential therapies, with obstruction courses, shake climbing dividers and craftsmanship studios on their premises. You will find what you need to defeat your addiction in many rehab centres through the whole nation call us on 0800 246 1509.