Addiction Treatment As An Outpatient
Individuals with a mild substance abuse problem who are serious about getting sober can benefit from an outpatient rehab facility. They permit the flexibility to keep working and looking after family while in rehab.
For serious addiction to heavy substances like heroin or oxycodone, it is recommended that one takes the inpatient treatment option so that the detoxification and withdrawal effects are monitored.
But a mild addiction to substance abuse, if detected at the initial stages can be treated in an outpatient rehab facility successfully.
Outpatient rehab is a better option for those who have the desire to quit substance abuse, but at the same time need a flexible routine that will work around their timings.
What We Mean By Outpatient Rehab
People trying to overcome addiction to drugs or alcohol through an outpatient treatment program can have sessions at the treatment facility several times every week.
The patients will be provided with medication and counselling and they will have scheduled appointments that they will have to keep but they will still be free to live at home and carry on with their other responsibilities.
Although most attention in non-residential treatments is aimed at therapy, teaching, and giving the addict a reliable framework of encouragement and support, these treatments differ in structure and intensity and provide a variety of services.
People with a solid will to prevail in recuperation and who have a conferred, organized approach may profit by an outpatient treatment program.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Outpatient Drug Treatment Options
How severe the addiction is, how far the recovery process has gone and the type of substance that was being abused will determine the type of outpatient treatment program that will work best.
The general sorts of outpatient recovery fall into the accompanying three classes
- 24 Hour Treatments
- Day programmes provide a greater degree of care compared to the other outpatient programmes.
- In the day program, patients promise to attend meetings 5-7 days per week and an outpatient centre for several hours every day.
- Amid this time, patients will partake in continuous treatment; group counselling, biofeedback and other extra treatments such as arts or music therapy.
- At the end of the meeting with rehab specialists, the patient may go back to a private or sober house.
- Day programs require an extensive time duty, which can confine an individual's accessibility to work or go to class until the program is done.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
- Intensive Outpatient Program come up with treatment schedule with set, measurable achievements in place to monitor progress.
- As these points of reference are met, the time duty required every week diminishes.
- The IOP is a decent alternative for those genuine about refraining from medications and liquor; however that still should have the capacity to work and perform every day obligations.
- To conduct counselling sessions, group therapy, relapse prevention education, and attendance in a 12-step or similar recovery support group the IOP may require multiple sessions for a few hours each week.
- Continuing Care
- Continuous care network like Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous are continuous support groups to assist a patient harden the dedication to recovery.
- Group members meet on a weekly basis and the sessions are conducted with the guidance of certified counsellor.
- Certain groups may concentrate on a particular treatment, while others are gender or age oriented.
Outpatient Rehab Benefits
Outpatient rehab is usually an ideal treatment choice for mild to moderate addictions. These programs are more flexible and accessible than an inpatient program.
Should you or someone you care for require assistance in choosing what type of treatment option is best for them, get in touch with us now on 0800 246 1509.
Outpatient drug treatment may be a good idea because they are
- Less expensive than residential treatment
- This allows you to stay at home during outpatient program, you do not need to cater for the boarding costs at an inpatient centre, making it less costly.
- You can attend treatment around your schedule if you choose outpatient treatment.
- This is useful for the individuals who feel like they can't leave their employment or family for a broadened timeframe.
- Family presence
- All through the outpatient recovery program, family inclusion and support is underscored, as friends and family can urge you to remain on the way to restraint.
Finding A Rehab Facility That Suits Your Needs
It is a difficult process choosing the appropriate treatment plan that best suit your needs. It is more important to just move forward in the journey towards recovery; it does not matter if it is non-residential treatment plan or an adjunct treatment option.